Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hope For Haiti, Scott Brown, Team Conan, Middle School Basketball

A disclaimer before you read this post. I dont ever express these opinions in public because I am afraid they would offend you. I hardly ever say things like this because they could sound arrogant and I selfishly want you all to like me. But Kaitlyn said that I have been bottling some emotions lately and this would be healthy. I just do what she says. I'm really not this guy very often.

Scott Brown: Democrats screwed that one up. How did a naked Scott Brown suddenly become the saving grace for a party that only represented 39% of the government? Because somebody screwed up, got lazy and forgot that in a democracy, no seat is ever inherited. It must be won. I don't agree with very much of what Scott has said or will say, but I do agree with this gem that came of the campaign:
"With all due respect, its not Ted Kennedy's seat. It's the people's seat."
Exactly right.
Also, many of my dearest friends are conservative and they are terrific people who are smart and funny and would never hold my views against me. However, there are others in my life who might if they knew my political opinions. We need to allow ourselves to strongly disagree with each other without assuming a personal moral failure in the other.

Conan vs. Leno: It's stunning to me how out of touch the NBC executives seem to be. Investing in Jay Leno seems like such an easily seen poor bet. I really dont know anyone who would rather watch Leno over Conan. I'm sure they are out there somewhere, but they are probably over 55 and don't have a good sense of humor. (To Grandma Spray - you and Grandad are the obvious exception)


Middle School Basketball: I coach 8th grade basketball. It requires patience and perseverance beyond my maturity level. My team has huge amounts of talent for their age but hasn't become the team they are capable of being. This creates a large of amount of frustration in my mind a little bit of insecurity in my heart that its my fault this is occurring. This makes for loss of sleep which doesn't help either problem.

Haiti: I am at a loss on what to do for the people of Haiti. I have donated money and prayed to my God for healing. I feel like this is inadequate as I go throughout my days with no suffering at all. If you have yet to donate or are looking for a legitimate foundation use World Vision. They are equipped and experienced relief workers.

These thoughts have been swirling through my head lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment