Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snow Days

Our break ended up lasting a little longer than planned thanks to the wonderful white stuff that falls from the sky. Yay SNOW!!!

That's right we had 2 snow days! Not that I'm trying to rub it in or anything but they were fabulous! We went back to school on Tuesday for an inservice where they sold us (or should I say they sold Josh, the worrier) on ID Fraud protection and then we spent the rest of the day getting all of our grades in. Wednesday was the student's first day back and there was a snow day buzz all around school. I was trying not to get my hopes up but I definitely wanted one! By 10 on Wednesday night we had gotten the call that school would be closed on Thursday! The funniest part was waking up Thursday to absolutely no snow whatsoever. But around 10am it really started coming down (or at least it looked like it was really coming down and this Texas girl was glad she didn't have to be out in it!) and then by 4pm on Thursday they had called and let us know that we would be off on Friday as well! Jackpot! Friday actually cleared up a little bit so by lunchtime me and some girlfriends of mine decided to brave the snow for a girls lunch and shopping trip. And when I say we decided to brave the snow I mean that I called Dana to have her come pick me up so that I wouldn't have to drive in it. :)

So we have been able to ease back into the whole 2nd semester thing and we are very grateful! Hopefully some of the upcoming posts will be about how well Charlie Brown is coming along! And on that note Josh's basketball team is 7 and 3 with a big game tomorrow night at CPA. Go Cougars!

No comments:

Post a Comment