Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Falling on Madison

So we got another snow day! This one seems to have a brought a little more snow than the last one. Josh estimates that we have about 4 inches of snow in our front yard. Pretty awesome.


This is the view standing right outside our front door! (yes we live right across the street from a church!)


So me and cold things don't get along well enough for me to really enjoy making snowmen or snowangels but I did have a great time writing in the snow!

School has been pretty crazy so the day off today was very much appreciated. We got to sleep in and I stayed in to make breakfast (orange rolls - my favorite!) while Josh made an trip to the grocery store because this snow stuff is supposed to stick around and get worse so he wanted to make sure we had enough food in the house. I know, how responsible and thoughtful of him! We relaxed and watched some movies (I finally watched Whip It and loved it - expect a review soon!) and then went out to play in the snow.

To conclude these snow day thoughts, I may have been skeptical of Nashville and Tennessee in general when we first moved here but I have to say that it is a beautiful place and I really enjoy that it snows here more than it does in Texas but not enough to keep us from getting a day off school for 3 to 4 inches!

1 comment: